1 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda
1 day Rwanda gorilla trek starts and end in Kigali. You will visit and meet the highly endangered mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes national park, the only gorilla trekking destination in Rwanda. This excursion perfectly meets the needs of budget travelers and visitors who really have a very short time stay in Rwanda, especially those visiting for business conferences or volunteering visits.
This gorilla trek requires you to obtain a valid Rwanda gorilla permit which costs you only $1500. Since its a one day excursion, you don’t have to plan for accommodation in the park.
1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trek will start very early in the morning in Kigali and still end in Kigali in the evening. You will spend the whole day in Musanze trekking the mountain gorillas
1 Day Gorilla Trek Itinerary
Start your 1 Day short gorilla trek early in the morning at 5:00 am. Our driver-guide will pick you up for a morning drive to Volcanoes national park in Rwanda. The journey to Musanze is a 2 hours drive and will get you past breathtaking beautiful landscaping scenery of the rolling hills of Rwanda.
Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is a leading adventure which starts at 8:00 am immediately after having a briefing on how to behave when with the gorillas. You will be led by armed ranger guides as you head into the forest to begin the gorilla trek.
For your trekking adventure, your guides, porters and rangers go out of their way to make sure you have a memorable experience. The group moves at the pace of the slowest person to accommodation everyone. The guides are very informative and ready to share all the information on gorillas, their behaviors, conservation, and the local community.
You will have 99% chances of seeing the gorillas on your trek, but just in case you fail to see them (which of course is very rare), You are assured with an opportunity to do a gorilla trek on a different day at just half the price of gorilla permits.
When you meet the gorilla, lead guides will grant a maximum of 1 hour of a memorable experience with them, taking photos of these giants of the wild will be very interesting (BUT REMEMBER NOT TO USE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY). While with the gorillas, make sure to keep a minimum distance of at least 7 meters away from the gorillas. However, since the gorillas are wild animals and very curious, they often get up-close with the trackers, when they do, you are advised to stay calm, look down and do not run. Getting closer to the gorillas is such exhilarating that it will enhance the trekking experience with the gorillas.
After the gorilla trek, you ill hike back the trails to the starting point where you will meet your waiting driver ready to transfer you for a long journey back to Kigali with your packed lunch from the lodge enjoyed on the way. Arrive in Kigali in the evening and the driver will drop you off at your hotel or airport.
End of Tour
- Airport Transfers
- Bottled Water
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Bottled Water
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
- Tourist Visas
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
This 1 Day Gorilla Trek Rwanda will require you to have the best recommended equipment for a gorilla trekking safari. These among others include;
- Drinking-Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Hiking Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Carry a Rain Jacket/Poncho: You are advised to carry a rain jacket because if rains very often in Volcanoes National park
- Energy Giving Snacks: You can carry light snacks that will give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Long-Sleeved Trouser and Shirts The forest in Volcanoes NP is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long-sleeved shirts are advised.
- Wear Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Sturdy gardening Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Don’t Forget Your Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience (no flash)
RWANDA GORILLA TOURS
Rwanda Gorilla tours with Visit and Tour Rwanda will take you for memorable gorilla trekking experiences in the Land of a Thousand Hills. Rwanda is a country with all the beauty to explore despite having a tragic past history of the 1994 genocide
After nearly 25 years, Rwanda has continuously worked endlessly to rebuild and develop her economy making her one of the fastest developing countries in Africa. The capital of Rwanda Kigali is recognised as the cleanest city on the continent with its beautifully developed infrastructure and historical centers of tourism across the world. This is why Rwanda by far is one of Africa’s safest and cleaned countries to visit.
Visit and Tour Rwanda therefore rewards with the unique opportunity of to explore the hidden treasures of Rwanda, right from gorilla trekking, golden monkeys, chimpanzee trekking and cultural tours. Our private tours are carefully crafted and are readily available to book all year round .
Have a great experience in Rwanda sharing exhilarating insights with our expert tour guides about the lives, culture, history, flora and fauna of the beautiful country. Trust us for your safari and we shall make sure your expectations are fulfilled and honored with great precious memories.
RWANDA SAFARI ACCOMMODATION
All our gorilla tours and wildlife safaris have been planned to offer you a range of accommodation options so we fit all types of traveler budgets to offer you a very personal experience ranging from small intimate guesthouses to midrange accommodation properties to top luxury acclaimed lodges in the different attractions and national parks. You have the power to decide the your tour budget and travel conveniently
GUIDE TO DRIVE DISTANCE BETWEEN TOWNS IN RWANDA
- Kigali to Volcanoes National Park 2hrs 15 mins – 80 Kms
- Kigali to Akagera National Park – 2 hrs 30 mins Drive time – 120 Kms
- Kigali to Nyungwe National Park – 6hrs 30 mins Drive time – 225kms
- Kigali to Musanze – 2 hrs Drive time – 72 Kms
- Kigali to Gitarama – 1 hr Drive time – 51 Kms
- Kigali to Butare – 3 hrs Drive time – 142 Kms
- Butare to Cyangugu – 3 hrs Drive time – 155
- Musanze to Gisenyi – 1 hr Drive time – 62 Kms
- Kigali to Bugasera – 50 mins Drive time – 60 Kms
- Kigali to Kibuye – 3 hrs 20 mins – 130 Kms
- Kigali to Rwamagana – 1 hr Drive time 50 Kms