RWANDA GORILLA TOURS, GORILLA TREKKING RWANDA, UGANDA GORILLA TREKKING, & PRIMATES SAFARIS
Visit Rwanda for Budget Rwanda Gorilla tours, Rwanda Culture tours, Gorilla trekking to Uganda via Kigali with an ausome blend of Rwanda wildlife safaris and Primate safaris. Our top priority is to ensure you get memorable Gorilla trekking safaris on your visit to Volcanoes national park in Rwanda, Bwindi impenetrable forest and Mgahinga gorilla national parks in Uganda. Our gorilla tours are Incredibly affordable and budget friendly to give you lasting and unforgettable primates tracking experiences.
Besides our Rwanda gorilla trekking safaris, you can also choose exceptional wildlife safaris and Chimpanzee tracking in Rwanda and Uganda. Get in touch with us today and get started with the adventure tour of a lifetime.
Rwanda Gorilla Tours – Budget Gorilla Safari Packages
1 Day Gorilla Rwanda Trek
Planning to do gorilla trekking as you Visit Rwanda?, Visit the Volcanoes National Park, the only place to see mountain gorilllas in Rwanda. For both group and private travelers, this tour is the best to reward you with exclusive trekking experiences
5 Day Gorillas & Dian Fossey Hike
This 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari is designed to fit travelers who are enthusiastic to go for gorilla trekking in Rwanda. This trip offers an opportunity to go for golden monkey tracking or hike to the Dian fossey hike tombs.
6 Days Rwanda Gorillas & Cultural Tour
This is a Rwanda Gorilla tour and and Cultural safari which takes you for a comprehensive gorilla trekking experience in the Volcanoes National park, hike to see the Dian Fossey Grave. Do not miss out the exceptional Iby’iwacu cultural tour.
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
On this Visit Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari in PNV, you will visit Kigali Memorial centre in a well planned Kigali City tour before you head out to the northern part of Rwanda for the long awaited Rwanda gorilla trekking experience.
4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tour
This 4 Days double gorilla tour takes you deep into the bamboo trees of the park to meet face to face with the dominant silverback. You will have another day of trekking the gorillas taking on a different gorilla family in the same park.
8 Days Best of Rwanda Gorillas & Wildlife
This visit Rwanda safari will allow you to go for gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park, Embark on an adventurous canopy walk and Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe forest national and wildlife game drives in Akagera National park.
3 Days Visit Rwanda Gorilla Expedition
Meet face to face with the mountain goriilas of Rwanda on this 3 Days Visit Rwanda gorilla tour. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda takes place in the Volcanoes Park, Ruhengeri and while at it, you will also enjoy the Rwanda cultural experience.
GORILLA TOURS RWANDA - GORILLA TREKKING GUIDE
Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Tours from Kigali
Gorilla trips or short gorilla trekking packages designed for those who would like to trek gorillas in Uganda through Kigali, Rwanda because of the long drive from Entebbe to Bwindi impenetrable forest and Mgahinga Gorilla National Game Park.
Rwanda Gorilla Tours & Trekking Experiences
Uganda Gorilla trekking through Kigali International Airport
Looking to book Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali in Rwanda?, We now organize gorilla tours starting from Kigali at very affordable prices. This way, clients get to save on money and driving time. Visit Rwanda for exceptional gorilla trekking and wildlife game drive experiences with us. Our company has for long organized flexible gorilla trekking trips starting from Kigali and depart from Entebbe. We have all the flexible alternatives. Our experienced gorilla tour consultants are ready to tailor your gorilla trekking safari at the best unbeatable rates. Allow us make your gorilla trekking experience awesome. If you book a twelve days plus tour or travel in a group of 12 people or more, we offer you ground transport free. Lets kick start your Kigali to bwindi gorilla trekking experience now. Get in touch with us now.
Why book Kigali to Bwindi gorilla trekking?
Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali will Save you Money: Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali is way much cheaper than starting from Entebbe or Kampala. You can arrive in Kigali airport and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park on the same day, trek gorillas in Bwindi and transfer back to Kigali. If you choose to start from Kampala, you will have to spend money on accommodation for the first and last night of your safari.
Visit Rwanda – Uganda Combined Safaris
Our combined safaris to Uganda and Rwanda reward you with the great wildlife adventures on a safari holiday. The major tourist attraction still remains to be endangered mountain gorillas. An encounter with a silver-back gorilla can be a hair-raising experience and one you will never forget! The welcoming people, lush landscapes and other wildlife attractions make combined Uganda Rwanda tours an ideal addition to any African safari.
6 Days Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Tour
Highlights: Volcanoes NP, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
8 Days Best of Rwanda Gorilla Tours & Wildlife
Highlights: Nyungwe National Park, Akagera, & Volcanoes NP
Gorilla trekking in Rwanda, Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali – What to Expect.
Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda has been described by many as a breath taking experience that gets you up close with the highly endangered mountain gorillas of the Volcanoes National Park after a hefty trek in the jungles. The Mountain Gorilla tracking experience involves a series of hours hiking and trekking the jubgle to find the mountain gorillas in their natural habitat, and after between 2-6 hours tracking the mountain gorillas, you then enjoy an exhilarating moment with these primates for a maximum of 1 hour. This encounter is regarded by many travelers as the most interesting yet magical experience in the whole world.
We craft our Rwanda gorilla trekking packages to also allow you see the bautiful sceneray and the welcoming people of Rwanda through Rwanda Cultural tours and community visits. We give you the opportunity to book budget Rwanda gorilla trekking packages starting from 1 Day Gorilla Tour Rwanda, 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda, 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari, 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking, 5 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari, and more up to even 10 Days Rwanda Gorilla Tours & Primates Safari.
Visit Rwanda for Gorilla Trekking – What’s the Age Limit for trekking gorillas?
Those bellow the age of 15 years, are not permited to trek the gorillas regardless of appearance and approvable physical fitness. This is to ensure that the trekking experience and trekkers remain safe while in the jungle and even before the gorillas.
There is an exception for those about to celebrate their 15th birthday, the parents will be required to sign a conscent agreement with the board officials which acts as a disclaimer that they (the parents) are fully responsible, should anything happen while in the jungle during the trekking hours. Other useful Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations are elaborated here.
Cost of Gorilla Permits in Uganda and Rwanda, How to Obtain Them, and The Useful Guide
What is a Gorilla Permit?
A gorilla permit is a document issued by the authority managing the gorilla national parks in Rwanda, Uganda and DR Congo to allow you join the many travelers going for the most wonderful experience in Africa, the Gorilla Trekking Adventure.
How much is a Gorilla Permit?
The price of gorilla permits vary from country to country. In Rwanda, a Gorilla permit will cost you $1500.00 per person per day of gorilla trekking. Rwanda gorilla permits are obtained directly from Rwanda Development Board Offices or through a trusted tour operator to assist with the whole planning of the gorilla tour.
In Uganda however, the permits are a bit cheaper than in Rwanda. The standard cost of a single gorilla permit for visitors (foreign non-residents) costs $600, for foreign residents $500 while East African residents pay UGX250,000. These permits are obtained directly from the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA). You may however find it worthy and time-saving to contact us and we help you obtain and secure it in advance.
Note: It is highly advisable to book for your your permit earlier than the planned trekking date becuase the permits are highly on demand and they often get finished early. You can make your reservations by paying a 30% booking fee to secure the permit and avoid any disappointments.
Gorilla permit cancellation policy
Unfortunately, there are no possibilities of canceling the gorilla permit once it is bought. For any approved cancelations, you can only get a refund for any of the folllowing conditions.
- If cancelation is made 3 months to the date of gorilla trekking, you will receive 75% of the total cost of the gorilla tour booked
- Any cancellations done 91 days to the gorilla trekking date are refunded 75% of the total permit cost;
- 45 – 90 days expect 50% refund;
- while 8 – 45 days expect a 25% refund;
In case of a reschedule of the gorilla trekking date, an extra $150 will be charged by Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) or the Rwanda Development Board (RDB).
NOTE: If the initial deposit is only equivalent to the value of the gorilla permit, expect no refund
Rwanda Gorilla Tours and Gorilla Trekking – Frequesntly asked questions
Gorilla trekking is widely known as the best and most interesting primates tracking experience in the world. Many visitors often ask several questions about this awesome adventure, and below are regarded as some of the common questions asked (from our past clients and traveler review writings).
- When is the best time to go gorilla trekking in Africa?
From past clients who have embraced the trekking expereince, Dry seasons that run between May, June, July, August, September to January are regarded as the best period of trekking the gorillas since there is little or no rainfall and therefore the forest grounds are less slippery and not muddy.
There is also a wet season commonly referred to as the low season which starts from February, March, April, and November. This as well comes with its own merits. Hotels and lodges in Bwindi forest and other gorilla destinations normally give discounted room rates during the low season hence the best time to travel for budget travelers.
PLEASE NOTE: mountain gorillas can be visited at any time of the year regardless of the season.
- Is gorilla trekking safe?
YES, gorilla trekking in Rwanda, Uganda, and Congo is safe and done all year round. In all gorilla parks Responsible government have deployed security teams and armed park ranger to ensure safety of endangered mountain gorillas and travelers in Bwindi, Mgahinga, Volcanoes and Virunga national parks. These mountain gorillas have been as well been habituated to get acquainted to human presenc which therefore poses no harm to travelers.
- When Should I Book for the gorilla permit?
Bookings for the Gorilla permit shousl be atleast 6 months in advance. The high demand for gorilla permits require travelers to book as early as possible and secure them in time. Last time bookings stand limited chances of accessing permits. You also pay a 30% booking fee to deposit on their permits and avoid any disappointments in the last hour.
- What is included in an overall gorilla tour price?
The inclusions in all Rwanda gorilla tour packages by Visit and Tour Rwanda include:
- A Gorilla treking permit
- Park entrance fees
- Government taxes
- Ground transport
- Full-time English speaking driver guide
- Accommodation and meals as allocated in the itinerary
Exclusions of the tour package are:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Driver or guide tips
- Flight Fares
- Telephone calls
- Other personal expenses
- What Can I pack or wear for gorilla trekking?
It is advisable to carry all essentials required for gorilla trekking. However, a proper packing list for gorilla trekking should among others include the folllowing:
- Hiking boots for easy walking
- Gardening gloves to keep your hands safe and clean
- Long sleeved shirts and blouses to protect your skin from thorny bushes
- Rain jackets for the changing forest weather
- Sunglasses and hat to protect from direct sun
- Long trousers and stockings tacked into boots prevent bites by ground insects.
- Energy giving snacks
- Enough drinking water
- How many people are allowed to trek a gorilla family?
Eight people visit one gorilla family every day. Only 8 permits are therefore available for each gorilla group in Rwanda, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo each day. The allocation of gorillas to travelers depend on the hiking abilities of travelers. Travelers are therefore reminded to disclose their hiking abilities to their guides so as to get a suitable gorilla family they can hike with no difficulty.
- How much time do I spend with gorillas?
The actual time to spend with gorillas is strictly an hour from the time you meet the allocated gorilla family. However, you can spend several hours in the jungle before reaching gorillas. The hike can be as short as 30 minutes to several hours depending on the location of the allocated gorilla family and their speed of movements. An hour is for taking photographs, capturing videos and embracing the human-like characters of mountain gorillas plus their social behaviors.
- Are there gorilla trekking rules and regulations? The dos and donts of gorilla trekking include among others:
- Keep a distance of seven meters away from mountain gorillas
- Keep within a group
- Speak at a low tone
- Avoid direct eye contact with the gorillas.
- Keep calm when a mountain gorilla charges
- Do not throw rubbish in the park
- Do not feed gorillas
- Do not touch gorillas
- Can I Trek the Uganda gorillas from Kigali?
YES, you can trek mountain gorillas in Uganda from Kigali Rwanda. Nowadays, Rwanda Uganda gorilla safaris are weldone helping travelers in Rwanda to cross and trek gorillas in Uganda. Here you can fly into Kigali international airport and drive for four hours to Bwindi forest national park/Mgahinga gorilla national parks through Cyanika border in kisoro district. Travelers doing a 1 day Uganda gorilla trek from Kigali transfer from Kigali at 4:30 am to reach Bwindi at 7:00 am and catch up with the pre trekking briefing. After trekking, travelers drive back to Kigali for their return flights.
- What if I fail to see gorillas?
In rare cases where travelers fail to see mountain gorillas, respective park management give a second chance to trek visit gorillas the next day to trek again without paying. However, if a traveler fails to see gorillas due to his/her physical unfitness or sickness, he or she is not refunded anything since its not the fault of the respective park management.
- What are the chances of seeing mountain gorillas?
The chances of seeing mountain gorillas are 99.9% if not 100%. At Visit and Tour Rwanda, we have never experienced a scenario where travelers fail to see mountain gorillas. We guarantee our travelers a chance to meet and interact with mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
Rwanda Gorilla Groups, Gorilla Families to Trek in Rwanda
Rwanda gorilla trekking is a magical adventure that is only experience in the Volcanoes National Park, Ruhengeri – Musanze Dsitrict. There are over 400 mountain gorillas living in this park out of the estimated 900 mountain gorillas remaining in the whole world. The other half is resident in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable and Mgahinga Gorilla national parks.
Such a hefty population of these critically endangered species make Rwanda a preferred destination for Rwanda gorilla tours.
There are about habituated mountain gorilla families living in the volcanos of Virunga ranges. These gorilla families include Sabyinyo, Susa, Karisimbi, Umubano, Amahoro, Kwitonda, Hirwa, Bwenge, Agashya and Ugyenda. For a full detailed description and history of each family, please considere reading this. Below is a summary excerpt for each indicated above.
Susa Gorilla group
- Has twenty-five gorilla members and 3 silverbacks.
- This was the largest mountain gorilla family before it split into two. Its name derives from Susa River.
- This is the particular group that Dian Fossey studied. It gained more popularity when it bore twins: Impano and Byishimo.
Karisimbi Gorilla group
- Karisimbi Gorilla group has 15 members with 3 silverbacks.
- It is also called Susa B because it is the group that split from the original Susa family.
- This group wanders around the slopes of Karisimbi Volcano.
Sabyinyo Gorilla group
- Sabyinyo family has 12 members and two silverbacks.
- This group got its name from Mount Sabyinyo.
- It inhabits the slopes of Mount Sabyinyo and Mount Gahinga. It stays inbetween these two Virunga Volcano Mountains. Sabyinyo means “Old Man’s Teeth”.
Amahoro Gorilla group
- This group has about seventeen members with only one silverback.
- Amahoro means ‘peace’ in local Kinyarwanda. The family earned this name because of its extraordinary and gentle character. Its Silverback is the most peaceful and has lost a number of members to other groups after turning down challenges. Reaching this family is a tough hike.
Umubano Gorilla group
- This group has eleven members with one Silverback.
- Umubano implicates ‘live together’ in local Kinyarwanda. This family split from Amahoro gorilla family to form their own.
- Despite sharing the same territory with Amahoro, they still live together and peacefully.
Kwitonda Gorilla Group
- Kwitonda has eighteen members with two silverbacks
- The word “Kwitonda” implicates ‘humble one’. The group was named after their humble dominant Silverback.
- Being one of the most difficult to track, this group resides on the lower slopes of Mount Muhavura.
Hirwa Gorilla Group
- Hirwa has 12 members with one Silverback.
- Hirwa means ‘lucky one’
- Hirwa was formed after merging some members from Sabyinyo family and others from group 13.
- They have twins and wander around the slopes of Mount Sabyinyo.
Agasha Gorilla Group
- Agasha has about twenty-five members and 2 Silverbacks
- Agasha implies ‘the news’.
- This group was previously names Group 13 but Agasha won the challenge from its Silverback by then, claiming leadership of the group.
Bwenge Gorilla Group
- Bwenge Gorilla family has ten members with one Silverback.
- Bwenge implies ‘brightness’.
- This family lives close to Ugyenda family on Mount Bisoke.
The Ugyenda Group
- Eleven members and one silverback.
- Ugyenda implies ‘departure’.
- Ugyenda gorilla family inhabits the region of Mount Visoke.
- Tracking this group is not so difficult.
UGANDA WILDLIFE AND GORILLA TREKKING SAFARIS
Explore Uganda with our exciting Wildlife and Gorilla Safari Packages to the most Visited National Parks and Game Reserves in Uganda
Are you travelling for a Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari? Stop over, and read here!
Discounted Rwanda Gorilla Permits
Visit and Tour Rwanda brings you an enticing opportunity to do more for less on Rwanda gorilla tours. Want to learn more about the discounted gorilla permits? Read full details .
Top Things to Do in Rwanda (Not to be Missed)
- Kigali City TourA Remarkable Tour of The Capital of Rwanda
- Kigali Genocide MemorialTrip to Explore the 1994 Genocide
- Golden Monkey Trekking Have the best with the golden furred monkeys
- Rwanda Gorilla TrekkingGorilla Trekking experience in Rwanda
- Chimpanzee Trekking SafarisVisit Nyungwe for a fun time with the primates
- Akagera National Park TourAn exceptional wildlife game drive experience
Rwanda Gorilla Tour Blogs
Expert guide information to Gorilla trekking in Rwanda, Uganda and Congo.