2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking | Exploring Rwanda's Volcanoes Park
2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking safari is the perfect Rwanda Gorilla trekking experience in the volcanoes national park, a subsection of the Virunga conservation area. Volcanoes National Game park is located in the northern section of the land of Thousand Hills, the Volcanoes Park headquarters in Ruhengeri is just a 2-3 hours drive from Kigali. For a fixed time traveler, this 2 days gorilla tour is suitable for you as the itinerary will bring you close to the endangered mountain gorillas with a chance to trek one out of the 10 habituated groups. The experience with the gorillas is exceptional, you will identify that in some gorilla groups you there is more than one silverback which is the male adults and in most cases of them is the leader of that group.
2 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Itinerary Details
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali, City Tour & Transfer to Volcanoes national park
Upon arrival in Kigali at the Airport, You will start your 2 Days Rwanda gorilla trekking with a comprehensive tour of Kigali City visiting various historical and cultural sites including the Kigali genocide memorial center, Kigali convention center, and the presidential palace among others. On your city tour, you will have lunch at Frame tree village and then transfer to Volcanoes national park in a 2 hours scenic journey drive with amazing views of the city and beautiful hills surrounding Rwanda. On arrival, you will check in at the hotel/lodge where you spend the entire night.
Reccommeded Lodge: Mountain gorilla view lodge/Gorilla solution lodge/Da Vinci lodge.
Day 2: Rwanda Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes national park
This is the long awaited day! Wake up to an early breakfast at around 6:00 am and then embark on a transfer to the national park headquarters for the gorilla trekking briefing by the park rangers before hiking into the jungle for the actual trek. At around 8:00 am, you will be transferred together with your group members to the commencement point of the gorilla trekking adventure to follow specific trails into the forest in search of the allocated gorilla family. T
Gorilla trekking in Rwanda will take you in the deep jungles as you search for these amazing creatures. Once you locate the gorilla, you are allowed to spend up to one hour with gorillas and ensure you maintain a distance of 7 meters away from the gorillas. After the trek, you will drive back to the lodge for refreshment and the transfer to the airport for your return flight to mark an end of your 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari.
Please Note: For some gorilla groups, you are expected to drive out a bit before starting the trek. You are advised to take along a porter to help with your day pack and some of your gadgets, it is easy to think that you do not need one but they can be helpful if the gorillas nested further away from your starting point.
- Full Day service of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Ground Transportation in a 4×4 Safari Vehicle
- Rwanda gorilla Permit pp (Rwanda)
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance pp
- Park Entrance Fees
- Safari accommodation
- Airport transfers & Drop-offs
- Tourist Entry Visa
- International Flight Tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation
- Optional activities
What to Carry For Gorilla Trekking
- Wear long trousers and long sleeved tops
- Insect repellent
- Garden gloves
- Rain jacket
- Waterproof hiking shoes
Rwanda Gorilla trekking tips
- Warm clothing is advised especially the evenings and morning are chilly.
- Bring water along on your trek, eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated by your ranger guide.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash.
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.
- Mountain gorillas live at high altitude and this may cause difficulties for some visitors. You should pace yourself, walk slowly and drink plenty of water.