2 Day Gorilla Tour Rwanda Safari Overview
Experience the best of Rwanda gorilla trekking on this 2 days Gorilla trekking Rwanda Safari that will take you to visit and trek the gorillas resident in the Volcanoes National Park. This 2 days gorilla tour is best for visitors who have a short-time stay in Rwanda but still enthusiastic about tracking these highly endangered primates.
We shall transfer from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park which is perhaps one of the best and most adventurous wildlife experiences. The mountain gorillas can only be found in 3 countries in the world; Uganda (in Bwindi and Mgahinga gorilla national parks), Democratic Republic of Congo (Virunga National park) and the Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda.
Close to half of the population inhabit the mountain slopes of Virunga Volcanoes shared on the Rwandan side. These beautiful Primates have been Habituated with a record of up to 10 families/groups of Gorillas to put forward an unforgettable experience. What is more important about this tour is that you will have a thrilling chance to first go for a Kigali City tour to make sure your gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda is a magical experience.
2 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda - Safari Itinerary
DAY 1 : TRAVEL TO VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK FOR THE 2 DAYS GORILLA TREKKING RWANDA SAFARI
On your first day of the 2 days Gorilla trekking Rwanda safari, you will arrive in Rwanda’s capital Kigali and head out to the northwest to the Volcanoes National Park. For residents in Kigali, you will instead be picked up from your hotel/residence to take on the 2 hours journey. The drive to Musanze where the park is located will be full of sightseeing as Rwanda is known as, “the land of thousand hills”. You may wish to request for en-route stopovers for photographic moments. Upon arrival, you will check into your safari lodge and have lunch. Relax for the evening enjoying the breathtaking mountain scenery and endless views of the thriving gently sloping hills. Dinner and overnight. Luxury: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge, Mid-range: Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge, Budget: Kinigi Guesthouse. Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
DAY 2 : MOUNTAIN GORILLA TREKKING RWANDA SAFARI IN VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Early in the morning, you will wake up for an energy-giving breakfast at 6:30 am, and thereafter your driver-guide will get you transferred to the park headquarters at Kinigi for an important briefing in preparation for the Gorilla trekking adventure in the Volcanoes National park. Make sure you leave your lodge/hotel with your packed lunch since the gorilla trekking process may last between 1 hour – 6 hours. When you find these incredible Mountain Gorillas you will be allowed a maximum of an hour to spend with them before heading back to the starting point to meet your driver and embark on the return journey to Kigali. Drop off at your hotel or residence. Meal plan: Breakfast and Lunch.
Your Package for 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda includes
- Transportation by safari vehicle
- Driver allowances
- Airport transfers
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Accommodation in a booked room for 1 night
- Gorilla tracking permits
- En-route lunches
- All activities listed in the itinerary
Your Package for 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Rwanda Excludes
- Rwanda Visa
- Luxury drinks
- Tips to local guides
- Telephone fee
- Porter fee while trekking
- Personal insurance
- Personal shopping bills and cigarettes
- Any other item not mentioned above
This Gorilla Tour in Rwanda will require you to have the best recommended equipment for a gorilla trekking safari. These among others include;
- Drinking-Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Hiking Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Carry a Rain Jacket/Poncho: You are advised to carry a rain jacket because if rains very often in Volcanoes National park
- Energy Giving Snacks: You can carry light snacks that will give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Long-Sleeved Trouser and Shirts The forest in Volcanoes NP is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long-sleeved shirts are advised.
- Wear Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Sturdy gardening Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Don’t Forget Your Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience (no flash)