This 3 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali tour starts from Kigali to Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This could be a suitable package for those looking to spend less on the hiked gorilla permit prices in Rwanda from the initial $750 to US$ 1500 and those who do not like the long drive from Entebbe to Western Uganda for Gorilla trekking. This tour is a solution to this problem providing an alternative to trekking the gorillas in Uganda with pick up from Kigali. Remember that half the world’s gorillas are in Uganda which adds to your experience.
3 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali Highlights
- Gorilla trekking
Day 1: Travel to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
A guide from Visit and tour Rwanda will pick you at Kigali international airport or your hotel in Kigali and transfer you to your hotel in southern sector of Bwindi impenetrable national park or Mgahinga gorilla national park both in Uganda for the Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali. The journey from Kigali will take you through the thouusand hills of Rwanda and Southwestern Uganda until you arrive to the hotel
Journey time – 3 hours
Meal plan – Lunch & Dinner
- Up market – Chameleon Hill Lodge
- Mid range – Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
- Budget – Rushaga Gorilla Camp
Day 2 of 3 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari from Kigali: Uganda Gorilla trekking Experience
After breakfast, the driver guide will transfer you to the briefing point where you will receive instructions on how to conduct yourself while in the forest and once you locate the gorillas. After the briefing you will be divided into different groups according to the gorilla family you will be tracking.
Flash photography is not allowed and so is prolonged eye contact with gorillas is discouraged, as it is a sign of challenging them. The trek takes anything from minutes to hours in search of the gorillas depending on where they nested the previous night.
B, L & D
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali
After an exciting experience with gorillas in the wild, you are ready to start journey back to Kigali where you will be transferred to the Airport or destination of your choice in Kigali.
You have an optional Kigali city tour depending on your flight time.
B & L
Gorilla trekking tips
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far from the start of your gorilla trek, you should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long-sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Ground transport
- Bottled water in the safari vehicle
- Full board accommodation for two nights
- Service of an English-speaking driver guide
- All mentioned activities except for the optional ones
- Extras at the accommodation i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Tips to porters and driver/ guide